Greetings all! As you may or may not know I’ve been obsessed with chalkboard art and chalkboard lettering on the iPadpro! I really love the entire process of sketching and designing a one of a kind piece with little or no mess from actual chalk!
I’ve always admired other chalk artists and wondered how I can achieve the same look without the hassle. It was my dream to create printables that I can share with other chalkboard fanatics!
Here is a look through of some of my favorite creations from “The States Collection.”
1 – I start off with lettering first, a simple white outline of the words I’m using and arrange them to how I want them to look. I vary the font styles to give the piece a more interesting look.
2 – I add color on top of the wording. In the layers icon, I add a layer above the white lettering and brush over some color and erase.
3 – Kill empty space! If there are any gaps around your lettering I think it’s best to add some floral elements or squiggles to fill up the empty space and keep the art piece look full and orderly.
4 – I “merge down” all layers under the layer icon and center the lettering and elements within the top of the artboard.
For these state printables, I try to incorporate some elements that are unique to each state, here I’ve added the Georgia state outline in a peach color, and their state flower – the Cherokee rose.
5 – After I’ve finished my design I clean up the background. I add a black chalk behind all elements and lettering and change the opacity. I do this by selecting the layer and taping it with two fingers. Then swipe left to make the layer lighter.
When this is complete you have yourself a new printable!
Here are some other printables in The State Collection:
Your outlook on life shapes your daily experiences and how people perceive you. It is important to maintain a positive outlook when tackling your daily duties whether you are at home, working or in school all day. If you keep in mind these following quotes, you will be ready uplift yourself and others around you.
5. Do All Things With Kindness
If you are kind and attentive it will show and others around you will be tempted to act the same way.
4. Life Is A Beautiful Ride
No matter how hard things get remember that everything happens for a reason and normal is boring. Expect the unexpected.
3. No Rain No Flowers
You know yourself better than anyone else. Be true to yourself.
2. Do Not Let The Behavior of Others Destroy Your Inner Peace
Stated by the Dalai Lama himself, he could not be more right. Keep a strong mind and body and be resilient to negative pressures.
1. If You Only Knew How Much Was In Your Favor
Yes! You got this. Remember to be hopeful and understand that working towards what you want will eventually pay off.
If you would like to see more Inspirational Quotes, visit our Etsy.
Enjoy your summer this year with some fun printables! Here are a few just to start you off. This summer collection of mine was inspired by the color teal from ocean waves, textured shells and that crazy seaweed that always gets tangled on our feet!
Each hand made printable is $5. I hope you enjoy every one of these special summer designs that were crafted with love!
5. Seashell Wall Art, $5
A trio of colored watercolor seashells wrapped in green and coral seaweed.
4. Seas the Day Quote, $5
Seas the Day! Blue and tan sea colors with green seaweed and textured watercolor seashells.
3. We Dream in Colors Borrowed From the Sea Quote, $5
We dream in colors borrowed from the sea, watercolor blue background with textured shells and coral/green seaweed.
2. Seashell Trio Set, $14
A trio of gorgeous watercolor textured seashells, perfect for a guest bedroom, bathroom, or hallway.
1. Teal Seashell Trio Set, $14
Teal/blue trio of seashells, with a minimalist silhouette.
If you would like to see more printable summer wall art, click here!
Excited for 2017? Get Organized with these Tips and Printable Calendars!
Who doesn’t love a good calendar? Organization is something I pride myself on, and because of that I would be lost without a calendar! Calendars are just a part of the organization spectrum. I use a wide range of tools to help plan my day, below are just a few.
Here is a short guide to how I stay organized:
1. SET GOALS FOR YOUR DAY I own a timed planner that allows me to write different goals for every hour. At the start of my day I write out at least 5 tasks that I would like to accomplish by the end of the day. I factor in breaks/lunch/etc. Remember to be realistic, you may over write and not complete all which would cause you to overload the next day!
2. DEVELOP A ROUTINE You know yourself better than anyone else. If you know that you have to eat at a certain time of the day, or go to sleep the at same time everyday than develop a system. Write down the times you know you will be busiest and work around them. Think of what you can do to maximize your downtime.
3. PLAN AHEAD Calendars are super beneficial in accomplishing your goals. Knowing important holidays, birthdays and upcoming events can help you plan around those times. Since this is something that you will constantly refer to on a daily basis, it is important for your calendar to be eye catching! The better it is, the more you would be encouraged to plan ahead. I’ve included U.S. holidays in my calendars just for this purpose!
4. WRITE DOWN YOUR RESOURCES It is just as important to keep track of your organizational resources as it is to keep organized – (If that makes sense). Keep a wish list on hand, a notepad in your phone or Microsoft OneNote open to list where you purchase, or plan to purchase your planning items. If you are a planning/calendar fanatic, this is especially essential. You can use your lists to plan ahead for seasonal sales.
5.LEAVE SPACE FOR DOODLESSo you’ve come so far in your planning, then comes midday and you start to get antsy and doodle all over your planner! Drats. I realized that that is a personal habit of mine, so I’ve developed planner inserts that have a special section for scribbling and doodling.
Developing these calendars have helped me be better at what I do, creating. I hope they bring the same urgency and inspiration to you as it does to me! Take a look at the “Minty” themed calendar I have made for the new year!
Fall is coming up and now is the right time to gather up all of your seasonal fall items to start decorating.
I was raised in an artistic household where dressing your house seasonally was always a priority. That is not always possible when you are on a budget, not to mention seasons and holidays are in constant rotation!
Everyone should have access to the cutest and most affordable home decor, after all it boosts the energy in your home and gets everyone in a festive mood, not to mention it looks so darn cute!
I’ve come up with a solution to this problem by creating hand made printables to liven up my festivities. I’ve decided to share them with my blog readers!
Here you will see some handmade fall items that I’m sure you will love! All are digital downloads that you can print, frame and enjoy in your home.
Some are made with my very own calligraphy writing!
Please feel free to look around and download your very own freebie — enjoy!
This is a hand lettered faux gold “Happy Harvest” printable that I’ve made to go with brownish – gold decor. Perfect for a rustic decor theme.
Turkey “Give Thanks” Printable that will go well with orange + yellow + brown home decor. Perfect to frame and place on a mantle.
Another hand lettered “Happy Harvest” calligraphy printable that will go well with green and orange fall decor.
“Autumn Blessings” Printable will go well with neutral creme colors and pops of orange and yellows.
“Choose Joy” calligraphy printable. Although it doesn’t have a traditional fall quote, it does have a fall color scheme, making it a great inspirational fall art piece to enhance your holiday setting.