Excited for 2017? Get Organized with these Tips and Printable Calendars!
Who doesn’t love a good calendar? Organization is something I pride myself on, and because of that I would be lost without a calendar! Calendars are just a part of the organization spectrum. I use a wide range of tools to help plan my day, below are just a few.
Here is a short guide to how I stay organized:
1. SET GOALS FOR YOUR DAY I own a timed planner that allows me to write different goals for every hour. At the start of my day I write out at least 5 tasks that I would like to accomplish by the end of the day. I factor in breaks/lunch/etc. Remember to be realistic, you may over write and not complete all which would cause you to overload the next day!
2. DEVELOP A ROUTINE You know yourself better than anyone else. If you know that you have to eat at a certain time of the day, or go to sleep the at same time everyday than develop a system. Write down the times you know you will be busiest and work around them. Think of what you can do to maximize your downtime.
3. PLAN AHEAD Calendars are super beneficial in accomplishing your goals. Knowing important holidays, birthdays and upcoming events can help you plan around those times. Since this is something that you will constantly refer to on a daily basis, it is important for your calendar to be eye catching! The better it is, the more you would be encouraged to plan ahead. I’ve included U.S. holidays in my calendars just for this purpose!
4. WRITE DOWN YOUR RESOURCES It is just as important to keep track of your organizational resources as it is to keep organized – (If that makes sense). Keep a wish list on hand, a notepad in your phone or Microsoft OneNote open to list where you purchase, or plan to purchase your planning items. If you are a planning/calendar fanatic, this is especially essential. You can use your lists to plan ahead for seasonal sales.
5. LEAVE SPACE FOR DOODLES So you’ve come so far in your planning, then comes midday and you start to get antsy and doodle all over your planner! Drats. I realized that that is a personal habit of mine, so I’ve developed planner inserts that have a special section for scribbling and doodling.
Developing these calendars have helped me be better at what I do, creating. I hope they bring the same urgency and inspiration to you as it does to me! Take a look at the “Minty” themed calendar I have made for the new year!
Happy organizing & planning!