If you have decided on the idea of decorating your home or office with a snowy Christmas theme, then we have some resources for you here at Printable Haven.
Snow decor can look chic and sophisticated. If done correctly, snowy white decor can create a tranquil Christmas atmosphere in your home or office. Using white or cream accents can offset darker colors that you may have in furniture or wall paint. This can bring all of the attention on your decor and make you seem more prepared for this holiday season.
Below are some items and ideas that can inspire you to create the perfect snowy atmosphere.
This white decor images by Evite.com can give you ideas on what colors compliment a white decor; silver and gold add sparkle and add an edge to your white decor. Clear accents also make a nice addition to your decor.
Decorate your mantle with banners in white lettering and candle holders. A nice wreath is always perfect for Christmas.
Black and white printables are easy to print, frame and place on a mantle or your gallery wall. They can serve as the focal point for your decorations.
Create a snowy Christmas village with brown homes and snowy trees. This is great for adults and curious children, it also serves as a talking point.
Nothing says a white Christmas like a white tree. This can be the final step in your decor plans. HGTV has great tips for decorating an all white Christmas tree.
Have you ever wanted your Christmas decor to resemble the spreads in magazines? Well you can with these tips!
If you would like to step up your Christmas decor this upcoming year, then this is the post for you! There are a few tricks that can make your decor appear to be cohesive and very easy on the eyes.
- Have a consistent color palette.
- Come up with a theme; rustic, candy canes, snowy white Christmas, etc.
- Add sparkle, stick with one color; gold silver or rose gold.
- Do not decorate with small items in a large space, your decor will be lost!
- Have a center focus among many pieces of decor.
- Tidy up your rooms so the decor can be the center of attention.
- Always add classic elements; Christmas wreaths, mistletoe, candy canes.
- Do not let decor take up entertaining space, it can only end in disaster.
- The dinnerware should match the theme you choose for the year.
- Take pictures of this years theme to see how you can make it better for next year.
Wonder what creative things you can do with handwritten fonts? Here are just a few ideas I’ve thought up to help boost your creativity!
1. CREATE YOUR OWN PRINTABLES Not everyone has access to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, so getting your hands on handwritten fonts can be a way to make your art printables seem more self-made. Take a look at this printable made with my own font “Olivia” and some bird graphics I made in Adobe Illustrator. You can of course make the same printable in Microsoft Word or GimpShop.
Bonus tip – There are lots of resources for free graphics online. Here are my top three favorites:
2. CREATE YOUR OWN LABELS Handwritten fonts would be especially suitable for making custom labels on jars, containers, and planners. There are a plethora of resources online for circular, oval or rectangular templates for overlaying your own graphics and writing. Here is a great source for templates: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-%26-Software
3. PARTY INVITATIONS Create custom party invitations for different occasions. Handwritten fonts would be the most useful for Easter, Christmas, birthday, and baby shower invitations. You can even send evites through e-mail online without printing a thing!
Creating is always best when you have the right tools! Using a handwritten typeface would make an interesting asset to any final design. After download, test it out on multiple designs and see what works best for you. With that being said, happy creating!